Connect with us

Local News

Family loses everything as blaze burns house to the ground | The Standard

Published

on


news, latest-news,

Only the chimney was left standing after a fire burnt a family home to the ground at Willatook on Tuesday. Firefighters arrived on scene about 11am fearing residents might still be inside, but the family of seven was not home at the time. CFA Hawkesdale group officer Pat Noonan said the house was fully alight with flames about 15 metres high when he arrived on scene. “It’s a tragedy for the family,” Mr Noonan said. “Part of the structure had actually caved in and there was another part that was fully engulfed.” Just the chimney of the weatherboard house and part of the half-collapsed garage remained upright, he said. “The entire structure has been brought to the ground,” a CFA media spokesperson said. MORE READS:…



Click here to view the original article.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

You might also like ...

Congratulations Adam Kent, we are really wrapped you have been recognised in suc…
Port Fairy Folk Festival 2021 goes out with a bang | The Standard