Connect with us

Local News

Warrnambool parent’s first aid training helped avoid serious burns | The Standard

Published

on


news, latest-news, child and infant first aid, warrnambool, child burns

The quick-thinking of Warrnambool parents saved their 18-month-old from having serious scars for life after the baby pulled a cup of coffee onto himself. Lucy Mahony was in the shower when her son Ollie was scathed by the boiling water but thanks to the Rhythm First Aid’s child and infant training she and her husband Pat completed in 2019, the couple were able to act quickly and efficiently to help their baby. “For about the first 30 seconds, me and my husband were like ‘what do we do?’,” she said. “And then the training kicked in. I was in shower when happened and turned it cold and got him in with me. “Ollie was screaming and crying, it was pretty distressing. …



Click here to view the original article.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

You might also like ...

‘Show some respect to Port Fairy SES volunteers’: MP Roma Britnell | The Standard
Transformers come to Warrnambool for school holiday fun | The Standard